8 Reasons to Never Leave the Dean Dublin Hotel
So you know, this post contains affiliate links.
I fell in love with the Dean Dublin as soon as I stepped foot into the place. The design of the lobby and the friendliness of the concierge swept me off my feet. As I walked up to the front desk, I noticed a neon sign glowing, “I fell in love here.” Woah, they get me. From the complimentary water bottles I got right at check-in to the thoughtful details in the room, I felt like I could stay here forever (forever as in I could work, eat, sleep and play here all day, all night)! Keep reading for the 8 reasons you never have to leave the Dean Dublin Hotel.
The design is impeccable.
This isn’t like the hotels your parents brought you on family vacations. It’s sophisticated, funky, and most importantly, comfortable. From Willy Wonka hallways to herringbone wood floors (my ultimate dream floors), every bit of this hotel is designed impeccably without cutting corners. Yes, if you put a mug down on the table in your room, it very may well leave a ring because it’s real wood!
Your room is full of thoughtful details.
I like to give my friends “Sarah Kim gifts.” These are things that you don’t think you need, but once you have, you can’t let go, or just make your life extra comfortable. Well, my hotel room was full of these “Sarah Kim gifts.” These are just a few:
- A record player with vinyls you actually want to listen to or a speak to bluetooth your phone to
- USB ports for your phone directly in the wall
- A steamer– Do they know I usually carry around a travel steamer because I hate ironing? Do they know that I love steaming way more than ironing and have never had a hotel offer me a steamer? This was a true adulting geek-out moment…
- High quality Grafton Barbers products– Grafton Barbers is a local barber shop who knows the importance of a good shave.
- UK Adapter, which was so clutch because I forgot that Ireland has UK, not EU, plugs
- Rubber hot water bottle for cramps and aching muscles– Again, I’ve never seen a hotel offer this. I didn’t even have this in my own house for awhile.
- Not complimentary but the snacks and drinks they offer in their mini-bar aren’t your usual Hershey’s products. They’re handmade, natural, or overall quality goodies at a reasonable price.
The list can go on and on, but I’ll stop it right there. Actually, one more thing– this isn’t a useful thoughtful detail, but I love the black faucets in the bathroom. I wanted these when remodeling my home but sadly didn’t get them. When I saw these, for a moment I got to experience black faucets. Yet another adulting geek-out moment…
There’s really awesome events happening at the Dean Dublin.
If you check the Dean Dublin’s calendar, there’s always some cool event related to the music and arts happening at the hotel or nearby. For example, on April 27, 2017, they had a Vinyl and Wine Premiere for the new Gorillaz album, Humanz, which is exactly what it sounds like; drinking wine and listening to vinyl with other music lovers. Swoon!
By the way, if you haven’t listened to the new Gorillaz album, hurry up with reading this post, grab your best headphones and press play.
There’s complimentary bottled water throughout your stay.
After traveling on a plane, what I want to do first when I arrive at my destination is to drink water! The Dean Dublin is on top of this. They give you complimentary bottled water as soon as you arrive, and there’s some in your room for your stay. This may not be a big deal to you, but water is life! It’s the best.
The food and drink at Sophie’s are a must-try.
Perhaps this is a thing of the past, but when I hear of a hotel’s restaurant outside of New York City, I tend to scoff. #pretentiousnewyorker I associate hotel restaurants with laziness, convenience or a sorry form of blackmail when there’s no other place to eat around the hotel. But that’s not true for Sophie’s, which is on the top level of the hotel. Locals come here on an average night to eat and drink because it’s really good, the vibe is fun, and a DJ plays awesome music to dance to.
Tip: Get any of the pastas! After all, you’re in a New York-Italian restaurant. Also, if you like martinis, try Same Again CJ.
The staff is extra friendly.
The staff is unbelievably warm, but absolutely not in a “Hey, we’re paid to act like this” way. They’re genuine people who enjoy what they do and add to the ultra cool and comfy vibe of this place. To be honest, the whole Willy Wonka bit, I “stole” it from of the front desk guys.
They collect rainwater to flush the toilets.
Yah, every hotel has that sign that’s like, “We want to be green so don’t use your towels everyday.” That’s so 1999. 2017 is here, and it’s time to start doing more like the Dean Dublin. They have a four thousand square foot roof, which they use to collect forty thousand gallons of water into a tank in the basement. They use pure magical Irish rain to flush your toilets. Environmentalists, there’s no more need for the saying, “If it’s yellow, let it mellow. If it’s brown, flush it down.”
Other Reasons to Love the Dean Dublin
The above 8 were my favorite reasons to love the Dean Dublin, but of course, there’s other tiny things that makes staying at this hotel so easy!
- It’s a 5 minute walk from the Airlink 757 bus, which runs every 20 minutes from the airport. It costs €6 for a single or €10 return.
- They give killer recommendations on places to eat and drink such as Mary’s Hardware Bar where I met the coolest bartender. He taught me how to pour a pint of Guinness and kept me at the bar longer than I wanted to be. You know a bar is good when you go for one drink and stay for three!
- Their tables in the lobby have USB cord plugs at every seat for you to charge your phone. Of course, there’s regular plugs to so you can work all day, then play at night.
The Dean Dublin is by far my favorite hotel in the world! Sorry Ace Hotel in Shoreditch, London, you got booted to second. It was a great base to explore the city and take a scenic half day trip out to Howth. See what all the fuss is about, and book a hotel stay at the Dean Dublin now!
Helpful Travel Items for Dublin
The Dean Dublin pretty much has everything you could ever want, but here are some things to have on you when you’re not at the hotel.