I’m very blessed to have eaten so much good food in my life.
After my mom died, I ate a lot of frozen TV dinners, bacon (mmm), Chef Boyardee, and noodles with sesame oil + soy sauce… ok, so I still eat that last one, but you get the idea. I didn’t eat healthy food because as kids, my brother, sister, and I didn’t know how to eat healthy. At 10, 14, and 18, we didn’t know how to cook all that well so fresh food wasn’t part of our diet. Although, my siblings did make some killer fried rice and tonkatsu at that age. Praise their early tonkatsu skills!
Now I’m all grown up, and have traveled the world, lived in New York, one of the foodie capitals of the world, and accumulated this fantastic list of the best foods I’ve ever had. This list will be ever-growing and ever-changing because there’ll always be more food to try and a better version of what I’ve eaten. How lucky am I knowing that!?!
I’ll try to get as specific as I can, but sometimes I don’t remember exactly where I ate the food because it was at a random stand, or I’ll provide a general area because it’s all good there.
In no particular order, here they are:
- Pizza by the slice – Joe’s Pizza, West Village location, New York, NY
- Fried chicken – Bangkok, Thailand
- Mandoo dduk gook – Hahm Ji Bach, Queens, NY
- Tacos – what I call the taco truck aka El Charrito, Stamford, CT
- Mulligatawny Soup – Navaratna, Stamford, CT
- Omelette – Omelegg, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Kimchi – Halmuni’s (my grandma’s…hehe), Queens, NY
- Sushi, Omakase Style – Sushi Yasuda, New York, NY
- Soup dumplings – Hot Kitchen, East Village location, New York, NY
- Fried morning glories – Jolly Frog Backpacker’s Restaurant, Kanchanaburri, Thailand
- Tiramisu – Spannochia Farm Cooking Class, Siena, Italy
- Tonkatsu – Hatsuhama, New York, NY
- Dragon fruit – Thailand
- Also on the list but forgot the exact details 🙂 🙂 Soon to be moved up to the official list
- Grilled calamari – Spain
Say yes to our once a month newsletter!
- Local & Vintage: Where to Shop in Rotterdam for Clothes, Home Goods & Even Food and Drink
- Photo Diary: Destination Photography in Amsterdam
- Six Survival Secrets of a Vegetarian Traveler
- 6 Tips to Keep Your Clothes Wrinkle-Free While Traveling
- Pro Carry-On Packing Tips for Frequent Travelers
- Local Dining: Eating in Barcelona With Food Lovers Company
- Renting a Portable Pocket Wifi Device in Europe