— Hi Scopers —
Welcome to my blog, Tales From a Fork, and specifically, your page!
First of all, thanks for following Tales From a Fork on Periscope.
I’m a bit awkward in front of the camera and am new at this so this will definitely be a fun process finding my voice and getting to know all of you around the world!
a little bit about me & my scopes
I’m a 27 year old New Yorker who moved to Amsterdam at the end of August 2015 and am loving my life abroad!
My #1 hobby is eating, and my #2 hobby is… eating or sleeping– can’t decide!
Normally, my blog usually includes posts such as:
But, for Periscope, I’ll be switching it up!
I want to show you firsthand what life in Amsterdam is like
from a New York foodie’s perspective.
There’s little quirks and experiences that I love or find funny about Amsterdam so will be sharing them with you!
I’ve got some fun stuff coming up once my mic comes in the mail:
- tour of the Ten Kate Market where I shop for groceries every other day
- tour of the Foodhallen
- walk around my neighborhood to point out Dutch quirks in homes
- scenic tour of Jordaan– you know, that neighborhood you see in all the Amsterdam photos
- sneak peek into my home to show you where I blog and Dutch things about my apartment
I’m open to suggestions if you’re wondering anything about the Amsterdam lifestyle or places here! Comment below!
let’s stay in touch
I’m on Facebook, Pinterest, blah blah blah… If you name it, I’m probably on it.
If you scroll all the way to the top right of the screen, you can find me pretty much everywhere on the interweb OR you can take any social media site, add @talesfromafork at the end, and voila, say hello!
If you liked my scope or know anyone who’d like to follow me, share away by pinning, tweeting, emailing, or maybe good ol’ fashioned snail mail? hehe
How weird would snail mail be?
Friend opens his mailbox & finds a letter from you.
At the same time, he gets excited but also finds it weird that you mailed him something.
He then opens the letter and sees it’s a suggestion to follow me on Periscope… LOL
So… don’t do that. 😉
I’m really excited to start this journey with you and grow with you all right from the very start.
Tell me where you’re from, and what your favorite meal is!
After that, check out my blog! I guarantee some level of entertainment. 😉
Say yes to our once a month newsletter!
- I Made It: Measuring My Success By the Warmth of My Clothes
- Expat Experience: Getting My Prescription Filled in Amsterdam vs. New York City
- Bakers & Roasters: Brunching in De Pijp
- How to Start a Blog Plus Top Three Tips for Success
- Helpful Tips for Visiting the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam
- The Ultimate Gift Guide for the Traveler on Instagram
- Travel Style: Functional and Fashionable Clothing Staples to Help You Pack Light